The procedure for the release of any bonds held that has been paid to the society is:
The residual bond is refunded after a final inspection by the Design Control Committee (more details about them under Committees tab). To obtain a final inspection you must provide a copy of the Council Code of Compliance Certificate plus and advice from a registered surveyor showing that the dwelling or structure is correctly located on the site. All of that documentation should be sent to:
Design Control Committee,
P O Box 340075,
- Submit Preliminary Design to Design Control Committee
- On receipt of the DCC response either proceed to Final Submission stage or resubmit with revisions as required.
- Submit plans and information for Final Design Submission
- On receipt of Final Design Approval apply for Local Authority Consents
- Upon set out submit a surveyor’s certificate confirming building set out and levels.
- On building and landscape completion including fencing if applicable, submit a Completion Inspection form to the Design Control Committee. This should include a Code of Compliance certificate.
- The Design Control Committee will issue an Acceptance and initiate refund of the Deposit.
Preliminary Checklist [28 Kb]
Final Design Checklist [32 Kb]
DCC Final Design Checklist
Completion Inspection Form [26 Kb]